Nick Wakefield Managing Director & Co-Founder, Regulation Asia
- - The major sources, and quality, of the region’s financial data.
- - The challenges in gathering financial data in Asia give the region’s size and diversity.
- - How financial institutions can gain a 360-degree view across their multiple regulatory data requirements (AML, BCBS 239, CRS, MiFID II).
- - Major data protection/on-shoring and privacy issues in Asia.
- - IFRS 9 – Merging the Role of the CFO and CRO in Asia.
Dominic WuManaging Director, Senior Risk Manager, BNY Mellon Jacob WaiAssistant General Manager, Data Governance, CITIC Bank International
Prashant JoshiDirector, PwC
Naveen KhannaCOO, Global Rates & Currencies Trading APAC, Bank of America Merrill Lynch
John CollinsAsia Head of Operational Risk, Programme and Project Audit, HSBC
Moderator: Peter GuyEditor-at-Large, Regulation Asia
- - MiFID2 – understanding data requirements and overlap with existing regulations
- - Trade Execution, Investor Protection, Reporting & Settlement
Led by: Kirston WintersManaging Director, IHS Markit
Rishi Kapoor Director, Policy, Asia-Pacific, ISDA
- - Understanding the data requirements
- - Internal Models Approach versus Standardized Approach
- - Data Challenges and Approaches
Led by: Paige TanHead of Valuation & Risk, APAC, ICE Data Services
- - What are the challenges involved in meeting the data requirements of all regulations related to trading desks (FRTB, etc)?
- - Which regulation should an institution start with (can meeting the data requirements of one regulation also meet the requirements of all the others)?
Kishore RamakrishnanDirector, PwC Kornel NemethVice President, Market Risk and Regulatory Compliance, Société Générale Moderator: Samuel RidingEditor, Regulation Asia
Led by: John CollinsAsia Head of Operational Risk, Programme and Project Audit, HSBC
- - How are market participants addressing the issues of calculating expected losses for IFRS9 - a survey of the Asian landscape
- - Do risk models matter in expected credit loss provisioning?
- - ￼A framework to calculate Expected Credit Risk
Led by: Michelle CheongDirector, Risk Services, S&P Global
- - What are the financial data management challenges for KYC/AML in Asia?
- - Are financial institutions ready to share?
- - What are the pros and cons of centralised utilities?
- - Using KYC/AML across businesses
KF LamExecutive Director, Head of Compliance, United Overseas Bank Hong Kong David WilliamsDirector & APAC Head, Business & Product Development, Regulatory & Compliance Solutions, IHS Markit Shaun AnsellHead of Legal & Compliance APAC, Gazprombank Moderator:Peter GuyEditor-at-Large, Regulation Asia
- - How is the quality of data measured, evaluated and its outcome measured?
- - The new age in data management – where do AI, machine learning and blockchain fit
- - Can data gathered for regulatory compliance be used for commercial benefit, and what are the potential dangers in doing so?
- - Issues around data availability, external vs internal sources of data and verification
Jim ThomasonManaging Director, Technology Solutions, Pacific Rock Partners Magnus Cattan Senior Vice President, ICE Data Services Moderator:Garima ChitkaraEvents Editor, Regulation Asia
Nick WakefieldManaging Director & Co-Founder, Regulation Asia
Director & APAC Head, Business & Product Development, Regulatory & Compliance Solutions
Managing Director, Senior Risk Manager
Assistant General Manager - Data Governance, Operations and Data Governance
China CITIC Bank
Managing Director, Technology Solutions,
Pacific Rock Partners
Asia Head of Operational Risk, Programme and Project Audit,
Executive Director, Head of Compliance
AVP, market risk and regulatory compliance
Head of Data Services, ICE
ICE Data Services
Director, Risk Services
COO, Global Rates & Currencies Trading
Head of Valuation & Risk, APAC
ICE Data Services
Director, Policy, Asia-Pacific
Head of Legal & Compliance APAC